Salary £17,000 - £25,000 p/a - Mid January - Permanent.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic middleweight designer with background in food / beverage sector. Creativity is essential and a portfolio that demonstrates your ability to visualise ideas and develop them into beautiful packaging designs.
You will have strong creative crafting skills, an appreciation of typography, colour, layout and an eye for detail. You are required to have proven communication silks and be fully familiar with Adobe CS as well as have an understanding of artwork and the print production process.
We operate from a peaceful rural office location in the heart of the Kentish Countryside. Your own transport will be essential for travel to/from work.
The successful candidate will:
- 3+ years proven design experience
- Designing food & beverage packaging, brand identities, advertising and point of sale materials.
- Have some basic knowledge of Adobe Muse for designing simple websites
- Strong creative crafting skills - ideas, typology, layout, colour, composition, materials etc.
- Ability to liase daily with clients directly to manage projects
- Deal directly suppliers, photographers and printers
- Work flexi-hours when necessary to communicate with overseas clients
- Report daily to managing director for project assignments
- Extensive Adobe CC Illustrator / Photoshop / Indesign / Muse
- Knowledge of Esko Studio Visuliser is beneficial
- Experience in managing photographers & food stylists
- Technically Mac profecient / network management skills
- Good knowledge of artwork/ repro/ print production
- An understanding of food labelling legislation is beneficial
- Ability to make 3D visuals in Illustrator or Photoshop
- Excellent communication skills and capable of talking to overseas clients
- To be very commercially aware of current design trands local and international
- Understanding of sales / customer service.
- Excellent attention to detail
We seek a reliable, courteous, respectful, disciplined and self-motivated individual who will be a valable addition to our growing business.